1. Using Hong Kong exchange (Links to an external site.) (HKEX) Stock exchange, select a company you are interested in (https://companiesmarketcap.com/hong-kong/largest-companies-in-hong-kong-by-market-cap/ (Links to an external site.))
DO NOT USE FORD, APPLE, AMAZON, WALMART, DISNEY, NIKE, TESLA or MICROSOFT.
a. Go to the HKEX Stock Exchange (Links to an external site.) and research the company you chose. You will create a profile for this company outlining the information listed below, track the company’s stocks, as well as present a professional presentation of your company.
2.The report is due on March 10th. Due to the nature of this summative (i.e. it is a part of your exam), this is an absolute deadline. Failure to submit your summative on this date will result in a mark of zero.
THE REPORT(Microsoft Word) – be sure to include a title page and table of contents in your final report
1. Company Profile: (Minimum 1 page)
For the company you have selected, you will complete an in-depth profile which will include the following items:
When was the company founded?
What products/services does the company sell? Are these needs or wants?
What form of ownership did the company first take? (sole proprietor, partnership, etc.)?
Who was the founder of this company? What entrepreneurial skills and characteristics do you think this person had/has?
With respect to the company, is the product/service an invention or an innovation? Explain your answer.
**Answers to company profile questions must be organized into paragraph form**
2. Marketing (Minimum 1 page)
Conduct an analysis of marketing efforts conducted by the company. Your analysis can include how the 4 P’s relate to the company’s products/services. (in paragraph form).
Product: What the company sell. Could be a physical good, services, consulting, etc.
Price: How much do company charge and how does that impact how company customers view the brand?
Place: Where do company promote product or service? Where do ideal customers go to find information about company industry?
Promotion: How do customers find out about company? What strategies do company use, and are they effective?
What is the company slogan and logo? (include picture of logo)
3. Human Resources (Minimum 1 page)
Write a paragraph about 2 types of jobs/careers that would be part of this company. Be sure to explain.
4. Accounting: (Minimum 1 page)
Find one balance sheet and one income statement for the company (you can find this online on the company’s website, usually under “annual report”).
On the balance sheet, highlight the following figures: Cash, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and another Asset of your choice.
On the income statement, highlight the net income/loss. Does the company appear to be profitable (ie: making money)?
Explain in paragraph form.
5. Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): (Minimum 1 page)
Write a paragraph outlining your company’s CSR efforts (start by looking on your company’s website – what kinds of charities do they work with? Do they donate money to their local communities?). If you can’t find anything related to CSR on your company, refer to CSR efforts in your company’s industry (ie: telecommunications, manufacturing, marketing, finance, etc.)
Then discuss any and all known ethical considerations that involve the company. Has the company had any ethical complaints/investigations, discuss. Discuss what possible ethical issues do you believe this company may be susceptible to?
6. Credit and Finance: (Minimum 1 page)
Company Stock Performance – you will track the value of the stock for your company for a one month period by using the stock exchange website (you can also track your stock in the business section of the newspaper, like the Wall Street Journal). Explain the 2 questions below in a brief paragraph.
i. How has the value of the stock increased or decreased over the one week or quarter or yearly period?
ii. Would you invest in this company’s stock in the future? Why?
7. Stock Graphs (graphically) (Minimum .5 page) (You can copy this part and paste)
A line graph that illustrates the performance of the stock for a one month period. Find your company on stock exchange website. Copy or Build your own chart. Select 30 days for the time period and 1 day for frequency. The site will build a line graph of the closing value of your stock for the last 30 days.
Has the value of the stock increased and decreased over the one month period?
A bar graph that summarizes the return on your investment for each stock. This means, it shows the change in total value for each stock between the first day and the last day (ie: Dec. 9 stock was worth $45, Jan. 9, stock was worth $50).This relates to question ii above…
Has the value of the stock increased or decreased since the first day it was purchased? By how much? Use this graph to help you answer ii above – would you invest in the company based on how the stock has changed over the past month?
Business Analysis Report checklist
– Microsoft Word, 12 pt font (Headings can be 14 pt), Times New Roman or Arial. Single-Spaced.
– Title Page
– Table of Contents
– Company Profile
– 4 P’s
– Details on Ethics/Corporate Social Responsibility
– Article Summary
– Company Stock Performance
– Line Graph
– Bar Graph
– Summary Explanation of Stocks[supanova_question]
selfassessment of of my own capablities to manage an agile organsation and propose areas for PDP
Please use guide and list the references at the end.
Undertake a self-assessment of your own capabilities to manage an agile organisation and propose areas for professional personal development to improve your capabilities.
Points to note:
• Command word is undertake – prepare, create, do
• Topic – assessing your managing and leadership capabilities to manage an agile organisation, personal development plans
• Word count – 1000 words
• Read the entire of Chapter 4.
Paragraph 1 – (2 citations, 140 words)
• Introduce the skills of an agile manager capable of leading an organization towards flexibility and responsiveness to the macro environment – often characterized by VUCA. Some of these skills include (From Chapter 3):
? Transformational leadership skills
? change management skills,
? business process re-engineering skills, team working skills,
? innovative skills, emotional intelligence,
? Conflict resolution and negotiation skills amongst others
? Project management skills
? Communication skills eg. verbal, report writing, interpersonal, emotional intelligence.
• Discuss the importance of Continuous Professional Development in achieving these mentioned skills – use a citation.“Any professional development activities engaged in which enhance knowledge and skills and enable the participant to consider their attitudes and approaches with a view to improve the quality of their work.” – Bolam 1993
• Introduce the stages of the CPD cycle to professionals to assessing their development needs and planning to meet these agile skills.
I. Assess your skills
II. Plan to improve
III. Undertake training and review
IV. Evaluate – did you improve?
• Make a judgement on the benefits of you conducting a self-assessment of your capabilities to manage an agile organization. Provide a clear justification. Helps you to identify your strengths, shortcomings and areas for improvement.
• Outline the techniques you will use to conduct this assessment – See Chapter 4:
o Self-reflection using Kolb’s experiential learning cycle – Chap 3.
o Personal SWOT Analysis
• Outline the purpose of this report which is conduct a self-assessment of your own capabilities to manage and lead an agile organization as well as outline areas for professional personal development.
Paragraph 2 – (2 citations, 225 words, Using kolb’s experiential learning cycle)
• Introduce that Kolb’s experiential cycle can be used as a self-assessment tool to determine your capabilities to lead an agile organization.
• Explain the four stages of Kolb’s cycle: 1) Experience 2) Reflection 3) Conceptualisation and 4) Planning
• Apply each stage to yourself. For example:
o Experience: Introduce your current job role. Discuss your experiences in this job role. Outline what skills you have acquired in this role: Leading others, managerial and planning skills, communication skills, motivation skills, team working skills, report writing skills, effective public speaking skills, creative skills to solve problems, negotiation skills to disarm conflicts. Outline scenarios where you believe you did not the have skills required for the situation – hosting a department meeting, presenting your departmental’s achievement to your seniors, reacting to change in job duties, a project you knew nothing about etc.
o Reflection: Based on job experiences (normal work practice and new situations you were exposed to in your job) discuss what worked well? What didn’t go so well? What strong skills you possess? What skills you do not have? What skills do you think require improvement possibly through training? Why do you think these skills are important in leading an agile organization – agile businesses are complex, human driven and must constantly adapt to change in order to be competitive). Also reflect on your learning style – which style works for you?
Paragraph 3 – (2 citations, 225 words, Personal SWOT analysis)
• Introduce that a Personal SWOT analysis can be used as a self-assessment tool to determine your capabilities to lead an agile organization – use a citation
• Explain the four areas of a SWOT: 1) Personal Strengths 2) Personal Weaknesses 3) Threats 4) Opportunities
• Apply each area of the SWOT analysis to you. For example:
o Personal Strengths: Good at time management, record keeping and punctuality and subordination to superiors.
o Personal Weaknesses: Not so good at public speaking for departmental meetings, writing professional reports and incident reports, statistical data analysis. Weak interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills which may make it difficult for your team working experiences or to receive feedback. You might resistance to change and/or cannot operate in fast paced environment such as your employer’s.
Also, you may lack project management skills to manage projects toward their project outcomes.
Also, you may prefer to be coached by a trainer rather than pursue individual research and self-directed learning in solving problems.
o Some threats: Changing technology trends makes it difficult to keep up; new staff having more contemporary skills; employer considering restructuring which would mean possible job loss if skills and work ethic are not of a high standard to guarantee your job security.
o Opportunities: Your employer may require particular skills in a department which you make have eg. Social media skills, marketing skills etc. A new branch may be opening up or there is potential for you to be selected into a management development training programme inside your company.
Paragraph 4 (2 citations, 250 words, areas for professional personal development)
• Informed by your discussion of Kolb’s experiential cycle as it relates to your skills and the completion of your personal SWOT analysis, identify 5 areas where you require professional development.
• Some of these areas you may require improvement on include:
o Report writing skills
o Verbal communication skills and public speaking
o Team working skills – interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills when working with others
o Conflict resolutions skills in dealing with others, managing teams, solving problems etc.
o Project Management skills – required to deliver personal and departmental projects.
o Change management skills
o Environmental scanning skills
o Organisational restricting skills
• Indicate that you will use a Personal Development Plan (PDP) to document skills required and the method of acquisition in order to boost your professional and personal performance.
• Create the table on page 110 in Chap 4 as it applies to your areas for improvement. As you populate the table, ensure:
o Development objectives are SMART expressed – see page 109
o Clearly outline the approach or method used to achieve the development objective. See page 111. For example:
? More experiential learning on the job – welcome opportunities to try new activities
? Employer sponsored workshops, training
? Online training programmes by industry institutes or EDx, Courseera, Udemy etc.
? Mentoring and coaching by senior staff
? Longer term courses eg, BSc, MBAs – sponsored by you or your employer
? Your self-directed learning efforts
? Training put on by internal training depts. or corporate universities eg. Banks etc.
? Employee secondments – employees transferred to another company or unit for some time.
? Project based assignments eg. improving a business process, new product development etc.
An example of the table include:
Development aim Specific action to be taken Resources and support needed Outcomes or success criteria Target dates Contribution to career goals
1. To improve policy writing and report writing skills To earn formal skills in policy development and report writing by pursuing 2 related courses within the next 6 months
Use SMART • Training funds
• Time away from work to attend courses
• Reliable computer
• Study leave for exams To write professional department policies and reports for subordinates and senior management
to boost self confidence in policy and report writing To complete course 1: May 2nd
To complete course 2: June 2nd
To experience self confidence in writing: June 10th Helps in writing policies to navigate people and resources in rapidly changing environments eg. remote working policy brought on by the pandemic
Label your table
Discuss at least 8 development aims related to the skills of an Agile Manager at the workplace.
Leave the table in the report rather than the Appendix.
• Ensure the table is labelled and referenced in your discussion.
Paragraph 5 (1 citation, 200 words, discussion of your table)
• Reflect on the PDP created for your yourself using Gibbs (1988) Reflective cycle – See Chapter 4.
• Discuss the value of PDP in meeting your career goals, preparing you for uncertainty in the workplace, shaping your skills set as an agile manager ready to embrace changes in the workplace etc.
• Discuss the value of the self-assessment and planning stages of the CPD cycle to you as an aspiring agile manager in the modern workplace (50 words here). For example, it prepares you for change and uncertainty in your job, at the business level, helps you adopt a growth mindset rather than a fixed mindset etc.
• Discuss some of the barriers to your CPD such as time availability, high costs of training and lack of employer commitment or even lack of opportunities – Friedman and Phillips (2001) (Page 118).
• Recommend strategies to overcome barriers to your CPD – use a citation. Eg. Self manage your own CPD.
Paragraph 6 (60 words)
• Summarise the benefits of using your created PDP to aid your transition to become an agile manager.
• Steps in creating a Personal Development Plan- https://cpdonline.co.uk/knowledge-base/business/what-are-personal-development-plans/
• Creating a PDP: https://youtu.be/195nPfQPaoQ
Please use my guide and include references. Question 1 Evaluate the impact of vision, values and culture on your
Business Assignment Help Please use my guide and include references.
Evaluate the impact of vision, values and culture on your organisation’s management practices.
a. Command word is Evaluate: which suggest to discuss, assess and have an informed critical judgement and position on the topic.
b. Word count: 1000 words.
c. Topic: Company’s vision, values and culture.
d. Use 2-3 suitable sub headings for this question eg. 1.1, 1.2 etc.
Paragraph 1 (Use a suitable heading, use 2 citations, 150 words)
• Introduce the term vision and how it influences management practices achieving business goals – use a citation
• Introduce the term values and how they influence management practices toward achieving business goals – use a citation
• Define the term organizational culture and how it influences management practices toward achieving business goals.
• Make a judgement on how your company’ visions, values and culture impact its management practices. Use evidence to justify your judgement.
• Outline some of the ways your company’ visions, values and culture impact its management practices.
o Vision impact management practices by:
? By setting long term and short term goals
? Sets clear purpose and identity for the business
? Determine attitude towards with change and uncertainty in the environment
? Having a strong company vision is a key trait of transformational leaders
? Vision helps determines work tasks, what the business will do and will not do; sets a tone for employees
o Company values impact management practices by:
? Guides employees on how to do their job and interact with customers
? Hiring staff who shares the company values
? Rewarding staff who shares the company values
? Selecting vendors or suppliers who share the company values
? Guide management actions on donations and acts of corporate social responsibility
? Implements company’s mission on a daily basis
o Culture influences the following management functions and practices:
? Determines the leadership style eg. Autocratic, Democratic, Transformational
? Communication between management and staff and even TUs eg. cordial or antagonistic, collaborative in the company interests
? Attitudes towards customers eg. customer driven mindset to satisfy clients’ needs versus vendor driven mindset focusing on the sellers needs
? Approach to rewarding staff eg. focus on staff needs from the job through monetary and non-monetary rewards or treating staff as an expense of production.
? Management actions towards dealing with change and unambiguity in the marketplace eg. fearful of market changes or embraces markets changes for company survival.
• Outline the purpose of this section which is to assess how your company’s vision, values and culture influences and impacts its management practices.
Paragraph 2 (200 words, 2 citations, discussion on vision)
• Introduce that your company’s vision influences management actions – citation.
• Explain 3 principles below of how your company’s vision influences the use of management practices. Consider these principles:
o It requires management to model behaviours which implement the vision
o The company’s vision helps managers to set long term goals to achieve the vision eg. to become a market leader, to develop innovative products etc.
o Leaders engage employees, satisfies customers, develop new products and engage suppliers in ways which satisfy its vision.
o Helps managers create an identity/rationale for the business
o Helps managers to implement agile practices to adapt to the environmental changes.
• Use 2 examples to illustrate any of the above principles. For example, if your company’s vision is to refresh the world with beverages, management may seek to create refreshing beverages which appeals to consumers, buy similar brands, engage in market research to determine customer needs and buying patterns.
• Discuss the impact of the company’s vision in shaping management practices generally in the business. Eg. outline how does the vision helps managers decide what to do and what not to do with customers, market, employees, suppliers, processes etc.
• Recommend how the company’s vision can further improve management practices to ensure the vision is realised in the company eg. training for managers on the company’s context, historical context and its vision going forward, identify result areas for employee engagement, customer satisfaction linked to the vision, link management actions which implement the vision, for example, through employees’ performance appraisals and rewards.
Paragraph 3 (200 words, 2 citations, discussion on values and its influence on management actions)
• Introduce that your company values (acceptable behaviours) impact management in using practices which align to the company values – use a citation.
• Explain how your company’s values influence the use of management practices in your company. Consider these principles to explain. Values:
o Guide managers on how to value staff for their skills, age, talents, culture etc. REGARDS
o Guide employees on how to treat customers toward satisfaction eg. customer service, empathy, following up.
o Guide managers on HR decisions such hiring and rewarding staff to share the company values
o Guide management actions on acts of corporate social responsibility (being ethical) to society
• Provide 2 examples of how these principles are carried out in your company – use a citation. For example, with values of honouring employee diversity, the management may hire staff of different ethnicities, age, demographics and disabilities to value their uniqueness, demonstrate inclusion and better serve the diverse customer base. Also, for company with values of quality products, managers may expect suppliers to deliver components with zero defect quality.
• Outline benefits of the examples to the company eg. hiring diversified staff motivates existing staff and attracts diversified customers.
• Discuss the impact of the company’s values in shaping management practices generally in the business. Eg. outline how does the company’s values helps managers decide what to do and what not to do with customers, market, employees, suppliers, processes etc.
• Recommend how the company’s values can further improve management practices to ensure the vision is realised eg. training for managers on the company’s values- managers may not have the behavourial competences, how to develop such values amongst lower level staff, appraise and reward managers for actions which reflect the company’s values, also ensure managers regularly communicate these values to staff eg verbally at every meeting, via intranets etc.
Paragraph 4 (200 words, 2 citations, discussion on culture – The work of Schein, 2016)
• Introduce that your company’s culture impacts management in using practices which align to the company’s culture- use a citation. Outline in what the company’s artefacts, values, beliefs influences management actions.
• Define organisational culture- citation (Schein, 2016). Culture is the collection of shared values, beliefs and traditions shared by both management and staff which determines the company’s approach to customers, work and treatment of one another. There are toxic, positive, task cultures and learning cultures amongst others, open cultures, rigid cultures.
• Explain how your company’s culture influences the use of management practices in your company. For example culture,
o Rigid toxic cultures use autocratic leadership whereas positive cultures use transformational leadership
o Communication and collaboration between management and staff and even TUs eg. cordial or antagonistic, collaborative in the company interests
o Attitudes towards customers eg. customer driven mindset to satisfy clients’ needs versus vendor driven mindset focusing on the sellers needs
o Approach to rewarding staff eg. focus on staff needs from the job through monetary and non-monetary rewards or treating staff as an expense of production.
o Management actions toward dealing with change and unambiguity in the marketplace eg. fearful of market changes or embraces market changes for company survival.
• Provide examples of how these principles are carried out in your company. For example, positive work cultures involves managers valuing staff’ opinions on company matters, staff being empowered to be creative, staff being recognised for their achievements, transparent policies for recruitment, pay, discipline etc.
• Outline one or two ways organisational culture can improve management practices in the company eg. management constant think of how to improve service to customers eg improve employee service, mobile apps, dedicated officers etc., research has shown positive cultures are linked to the economic success of companies – citation.
Paragraph 5 (100 words, conclusion)
• Summarise and reflect on the impact of your company’s vision, values and culture on its management practices eg. high level of impact, moderate level of impact, low level impact, more needs to done?
• Recommend strategies of how management practices can adhere to the company’s vision and culture eg. team building sessions with management and staff, historical insight on the company which determines how and why the company operates in the way it does at this time, sharing success stories of customers which epitomises the company’s culture.
PROJECT BRIEF 2 THE PROBLEM / CHALLENGE: Beneco Futures originally began with solely in-person / face-to-face engagements (delivering workshops,
PROJECT BRIEF 2
THE PROBLEM / CHALLENGE:
Beneco Futures originally began with solely in-person / face-to-face engagements (delivering workshops, consulting, etc). Our client engagements came to a sudden halt when lockdowns started and revenue stopped flowing in. Therefore, during this period we have been trying to adapt and pivot to delivering our services through digital solutions (for example, online training / virtual workshops).
We would like to explore what the niche opportunities might be beyond online training that might give us a competitive advantage in this landscape. The initial feedback we gathered from our previous customer research is that firms need help with “HOW” to reach their ESG / sustainability / corporate responsibility goals. Therefore, we require a consulting project that explores what that might look like in terms of digital solutions.
Beneco Futures website: https://benecofutures.com/