A. Brief Summary/Synopsis of Play
B. Descriiption of Visual Elements of the Play
1. Setting: When was the play supposed to have occurred? How did you know? What visual elements of the play told you so?
2. Scenery: Describe the appearance of the stage. How did it fill the stage?
3. Stage Space: What type of stage space did you see (e.g. proscenium, thrust, arena, black box. . .)
4. Costumes: Describe the overall style of the characters’ clothing, and specifically that of the main character(s).
5. Lighting and Special Effects: Did you notice any special effects?
6. Sound: Could you hear OK? Were the actors amplified, or could you tell? Was any music used? If so, how? How was it?
C. Purpose of the Play:
D. Structure: How was the play organized?
E. How well were the intentions of the playwright or director carried out?
F. Acting: Describe the quality of the acting you saw. Did you believe that the actors “were” their characters? Or did you think any of them gave a bad performance?
G. Was the production attempt worthwhile? Why or why not?
H. Would you recommend this production to your friends? Why or why not?